Time left =
1 Match the pairs of column A and column B: Column A (Type of Rock) Column B (Rock)
Match the pairs of column A and column B:
Column A (Type of Rock) Column B (Rock)
Examine and indentify the correct statement of the following.
Statement ‘A’: Deccan Plateau is made up of Basalt Rock.
Statement ‘B’ : The origin of Basalt Rock on the Deccan Plateau is due to the deposition of lava erupted from volcano.
What are the evidences in favour of the Continental Drift Theory? Select the proper option?
- Jigsaw fit b. Trans-current faults
- Fossils in different areas d. Convection in mantle
Match the pairs of Column A and Column B:
Column A (Origin of Soar System) Column B (Inventor)
- Nebular Hypothesis I. James Jeans
- Meteorite Hypothesis II. Moulton
- Planetesimal Hypothesis III. Lockyer
- Tidal Hypothesis IV. Laplace
The generals of _________ conquered land upto Ganges, while his admirals established their authority over several overseas territories including Ceylon, Nicobar islands and parts of the Malaya Peninsula.
Pick out the odd person from the following:
In which of the following forms was India’s capital and wealth transferred to Britain?
- Salaries and pensions of the British civil and military officials working in India.
- Profits of the British capitalist in India.
- Expenses of the Indian government in Britain.
- Interests on loans by the Indian government.
Who form the following women scholars were related to the Rigvedic Period?
- Vishwavara b. Apala
- Lopamudra d. Ghosha
Arrange the following incidents in their chronological order.
- Muslim league was formed in Dhaka.
- Khudiram Bose was executed.
- Bomb was thrown at Lord Hardinge.
- Hindu Conference was held at Lahore, under the Presidentship of Sir Prafulchandra Chatterji.
Consider the following statements and choose the correct answer options.
- Mughal architecture is of Indian style.
- Mughal architecture was influenced by both, the Persian and Hindu arts.
- There is an impact of foreigners on Mughal architecture.
- Mughal architecture was influenced by no one.
Match the following:
- Pandit Ramkumar Vidyaratna I. Wrote English articles for newspaper
- Krishna Kumar Mitra II. Was a Brahmo missionary
- Pandit Shivnath Shastru III. Editor of Bengali newspaper
- Dwarkanath Ganguly Iv. Wrote ‘Kuli-Kahini’
Who is described in the following sentences?
- He was an author from Pune.
- He used to go in the colonies of the untouchables and teach them.
- In 1945 he was the president of the function arranged to celebrate ‘Ambedkar Jayanti’ at Kalyan.
- He was a supporter of Hinduism from Pune.
Match the following
- C.Rajgopalachari I. Was elected as the President of the Central
- Madan Mohan Malviya II. Kept himself busy with constructive
programmes such as upliftment of Harijans.
- Vithalbhai Patel III. Was elected Mayor of Calcutta.
- C.R Das Iv. Criticized the Swarajists.
Who form the following persons was not related to the State of Kolhapur?
Match the following:
- The king of Kamarupa I. Was already humbled by
- The ruler of Sind II. Dared not detain a Chinese pilgrim at his capital
Against the wish of Harsha.
- The ruler of Kashmir III. Was compelled to surrender a tooth relic to
- The ruler of Valabhi IV. Had once field before the advancing arms of
Kanauj Monarch but later married his daughter
It was the result of Achaemenid conquest that a new industry of ______ developed in Indian borderland, specially in Kamboj.
Match the following dynasties and their kings:
- Rashtrakut I. Gopal
- Chola II. Upendra
- Palas III. Dantidurga
- Paramars IV. Vijayalaya
In the Pre-Mauryan period India known as__________.
Match the following governors of Muhammad Ghori and the territories where they ruled almost independently after the death of Muhammad Ghori.
- Yaldoz I. Delhi
- Kubacha II. Bengal
- Mumhammad-ibn-Bakhtyar III. Indus
- Aibak IV. Afghan Mountains